Ingredients (all organic if you can!)
- 3 Large, Organic Ripe Bananas (or 4 Small – Medium)
- ½ cup chunky Organic Peanut Butter (salted)*
- 2/3 cup Date Paste (see recipe)
- 3 cups Organic, Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Chai Spices (or Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup Organic Thompson Raisins (soak in hot water for 10 minutes) *
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone sheet and set aside
- Mash bananas and combine with peanut butter and date paste.
- Add Oats and Chai Spices to your banana mixture.
- Fold in raisins
- Measure heaping tablespoons of mixture and put on cookie sheet, about 1” apart. (These will not spread but you want to have enough room to flatten them out.)
- Flatten out cookies to about 1/4 inch with your spatula.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- If using unsalted peanut butter, add in about 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Don’t like raisins? Sub dried cranberries (watch the sugar) cherries, blueberries, etc. Whatever you like – OR – Sub or add in chocolate chips, shredded coconut, walnuts, pecans, or pumpkin! You could also add in cocoa powder (about 2 tablespoons)
NOTE – These cookies have a nice, SUBTLE, sweet taste. Remember, they’re BREAKFAST Cookies!! (But I like them in the afternoon or night too!!!)