3 dozen cookies
This calls for oats AND oat flour. I like to make oat flour by grinding up a bunch of oats in the food processor (high speed, about 2 minutes) and always having them in the refrigerator ready to go. You can also buy oat flour… but it’s much more expensive.
- 1 1/2 cups Old-fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Oat flour (see Prep Notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup cooked White Beans
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Maple (or Coconut) sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Combine oats and oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, puree beans and 2 Tbsp of water.
- Combine bean puree, coconut oil, maple sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl and beat well.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in oat and flour mixture.
- Stir in raisins by hand.
- Drop batter (by the tablespoon) onto baking sheets.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until centers are firm and edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.