1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts soaked overnight* and drained of water
- 1/2-3/4 cup water varies depending on desired thickness of cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients, starting with only 1/2 cup water, in a blender.
- Blend or process until completely smooth (the process should take about 1-4 minutes depending on the strength of your blender.
- Drizzle in extra water as needed to reach a desired consistency and add sweet or savory flavorings of choice. **
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Soak nuts overnight in at least twice as much water as nuts. When ready to use, drain water.
** Sweet or Savory optional additions (all or some)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Lemon Juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Onion Powder