About 3 cups
Soak 1 cup Cashews overnight in 3x their size in water.
- 1 cup Cashews (measured dry and soaked overnight)
- 3/4 – 1 cup Water
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (cored and chopped into large pieces)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 1 tsp Ground Oregano
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Heat in sauce pan, if desired.
This is a great sauce for pasta or try spiralized zucchini (Zoodles)
If you have a spiralizer, great. But if you don’t, read on.
How to spiralize “zoodles” without a spiralizer?
- Use a knife. This is time consuming, but it can be done. Just slice/julienne the zucchinis very thinly until you achieve your desired pasta shape.
- Use a cheese grater. It makes shorter noodles than the spiralizer, but they taste just as good.
- Use a vegetable peeler. This way you will create pappardelle style noodles.
- Some mandolins also come with a julienne attachment. Use the mandolin to create zucchini ribbons.
- Buy your zoodles already prepared (Whole Foods,some Sprouts, some Trader Joe’s)