n/a (Unless you’re using dried beans)
2 1/2 cups
- 3 cups garbanzo beans
- 2 (heaping) tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon salt *
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder*
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ – 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- Drain garbanzos (set aside liquid.)
- Combine garbanzos with remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender container. Blend to a rough purée texture adding a little of the reserved liquid or olive oil if necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
This recipe is so versatile –you can add items to it, depending on your taste… make it spicier, saltier, oilier… add roasted red peppers, jalapenos –you name it…
So simple and quick – you won’t want to buy store bought hummus again!!
Some sprinkled (smoked) paprika on top for color would be nice…
*Better to be safe than sorry – Use the smaller amounts of the salt, chipotle and olive oil first….Taste and adjust.