4 – 6 servings
- 1 (large) bunch (aka dinosaur, aka Tuscan) kale, stems removed, leaves chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed (about 1”)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup halved and pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- Ground pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Massage chopped kale with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil until kale softens.
- Let sit for 15 minutes (or more!) *
- Add remaining salad ingredients and gently toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients and before serving, toss with salad. (You can use a little dressing first and then add more according to your taste.)
*Massaged kale can sit up to a day, refrigerated. The longer it sits, the softer it will become.