N/A – Freeze time – 1 – 4 hours
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for about 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in 4 cups water, measured before soaking, and drain before using.
- 1 can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for about 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice*
- Place all of crust ingredients into food processor.
- Process until well-processed and it sticks when you pinch it together.
- Place pie crust mixture firmly into pie plate and set aside.Set aside.
- Put all of the filling ingredients into the food processor and process until very, very silky smooth!
- Spoon filling into pie dish on top of crust and smooth out top of pie with a spatula.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Place completed pie in freezer, preferably for 4 hours, but at least, 1 hour if you’re in a hurry.
Keep pie frozen until about ½ hour (if defrosting on counter) or 2 hours (if defrosting in fridge) before serving – See what texture you like. Keep leftovers (IF ANY!!) in the freezer.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can use a mixture of dried cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cardamom.