- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup hummus (see recipe for Happy Hummus or Power Greens Hummus)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red pepper
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips
- In a small bowl, mix together the hummus and quinoa. Spread about 1 – 2 teaspoons of the filling onto the zucchini and spread it out evenly with a spoon
- Lay the pepper strips (3 – 4) so that they stick out of one end of the roll.
- Place a sprig of cilantro in between the pepper strips.
- Roll the zucchini up like sushi.
- Secure the end with toothpicks if necessary.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
This should be made on the day it will be served. It can keep a couple of days (for leftovers to munch on) but the initial serving should be made on the same day. It tends to get a little floppy, too wet, the longer it sits.
The quinoa and the hummus can be prepared (or purchased) ahead of time