30 minutes (depending on your ice cream maker)
n/a – 1/2 hour freeze time
- 7 Dates
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1 can (full fat) coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips
- Chill for 1/2 hour in the fridge – or overnight
- Churn in ice cream maker, according to manufacturer directions
- Freeze for 1/2 hour and then eat!
To make this without ANY added sugar, use chocolate chips that are JUST unsweetened chocolate chips.
If you make this ahead of time and freeze it, you will want to leave it out for a bit until it softens up – it will be rock hard out straight out of the freezer if you leave it longer than 1/2 hour or so.