n/a – Refrigerate overnight
- 1 small banana, smashed.
- 1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats.
- 1 tablespoon homemade protein powder*.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (you may want to add more milk in the morning)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Options – (You can choose whatever add-ons you like!)
- 1/4 cup diced fruit (apples, pears in the winter / blueberries, strawberries, mangoes in the summer.)
- 1 tablespoon raisins, goji berries, other dried fruit (watch added sugar.)
- 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- Place banana, oats, protein powder and cinnamon into your container and mix until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix in.
- Add any of the options you choose.
- Cover the container and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Uncover and enjoy the next day. Thin with a little more milk if desired. If you prefer, you can heat it up and have it warm.
- This is really versatile. You can change any of the options or choose other options.
- The smashed banana is your sweetener. If you don’t use the banana you may want to add some other sweetener such as maple syrup, honey, even pureed dates.