4 hours (slow cooker)
- 1 cup organic salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans) OR a 19 oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic corn, defrosted
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 organic carrots, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 stalks organic celery, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 organic red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped organic cilantro (save a little for sprinkling on top of each serving)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 4 cups organic power greens, or organic greens of your choice, chopped or baby (save to put in at very end)
- Tortilla chips (you can air fry your own if you’d like!)
- Avocado slices
- Greek yogurt
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Squeeze of lime
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for the power greens and a little chopped cilantro) in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or for low 6-8 hours. (All cookers have different heat levels, so if yours cooks hot, do 3 / 6 hours.)
- Add power greens at the very end and keep covered until they just wilt.
- Top with optional toppings of your choice.
This soup freezes well. If you’d like to freeze it, cook as directed EXCEPT don’t add the power greens. When you want to cook it – let it thaw completely then heat it up and add the power greens at the very end, so that they just wilt into the soup. Then add desired toppings.