15 minutes plus overnight soaking time for cashews and roasting time for cauliflower (meal prep!)
4 Generous servings
- 1/2 cup RAW cashews*, (measure before soaking) soaked overnight, drained
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 Tblsp water
- 2 Tblsp Apple Cider Vinegar*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large bunch cilantro*, stems and leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt (up to 1 tsp, depending on your taste)
- ¼ tsp chipotle (up to ½ tsp, depending on your taste)
- 2 cups chopped power greens* (or kale, or any leafy green of your choice*)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa* (or use brown rice, barley, any whole grain you like)
- 1 ½ cup cooked black beans
- 4 green onions, chopped, white and green parts
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn* (defrosted)
- 1 head small cauliflower, florets only, roasted
- 12 cherry tomatoes*, halved
- 1 red pepper*, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 12 black olives, halved (I like Kalamata here)
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds*
- Combine the first 5 ingredients of the dressing into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Layer the salad ingredients into 4 bowls, evenly, up to the avocado.
- Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing (you will have leftover)
- Add avocado, olives and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Nut free version – use soaked sunflower seeds in place of cashews.
- You can use any chili spice you like or cayenne. The chipotle gives a bit of a smoky flavor