4 Generous servings
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 shallot
- 6 cups broccoli, florets and stems (from about 1 bunch)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ⅓ cup pitted, chopped dates
- 1/2 cup roasted/salted pistachios
- Heat oil, add garlic, curry, cinnamon and salt. Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in lemon juice, vinegar and honey.
- Set aside
- Chop shallot in the food processor and then add in the broccoli and cilantro and continue processing until everything is chopped up.
- Put broccoli mixture into salad bowl and add dates and pistachios and toss.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill until you’re ready to serve.
- This salad can be made up to a full day ahead of serving.