10 minutes, hands-on, 1 hour freezer
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 heaping cup Cocoa Powder (more or less to taste)
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 cup of Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
- Sea Salt
- Whisk the coconut oil, cocoa powder, sweetener, and a pinch of salt.
- Fill a regular size muffin tin with paper liners.
- Pour a small amount of the cocoa mixture (1-2 tablespoons) into the paper cups.
- Drop a small spoonful of the almond butter (2-3 teaspoons) into the center of each cup.
- Divide remaining chocolate between the cups.
- If almond butter is sticking up, just gently press it down so each cup has a smooth top layer.
- Sprinkle each almond butter cup with a pinch of coarse sea salt.
- Freeze for one hour or until solid.
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer! When ready to serve, take out of freezer 15 minutes – ½ hour before (depending on the temperature.) These WILL get very melty if left out too long in a warm-ish environment.
These are also delicious with peanut butter! Play with the sweetener and cocoa powder, you may like it less sweet, more sweet, less chocolate-y, more chocolate-y, salted, crunchy… the options are many… make them your own!