8 large or 16 small brownies
Everything goes into the food processor except the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Those get stirred in.
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil (for coating the baking dish)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Black Beans (1 15 oz can) – drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 (to 2/3) cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa (or Cacao) Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat an 8×8″ baking pan with the 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips and walnuts) into your food processor and process until a soft batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. (Use a toothpick to test it)
- Cool completely before slicing and serving
You can add 1 – 2 tsps of instant coffee for a mocha taste
Add 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter –
After the brownies are in the pan, Add little dollops of the nut butter all over the batter and swirl with a knife.
Add cinnamon to the dry ingredients to make Mexican Brownies… this also helps your body process the sugar in the chocolate chips.