8 large or 16 small brownies
Everything goes into the food processor except the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Those get stirred in.
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Black Beans (1 15 oz can)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa (or Cacao) Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips (I use Lily’s unsweetened dark chocolate chips – sweetened with stevia and erythritol, no sugar.)
- 1/3 cup chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray, or rub lightly, an 8×8″ baking pan with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into food processor and process until a soft batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. (Use a toothpick to test it)
- Cool completely before slicing and serving
You can add 1 – 2 tsps of instant coffee for a mocha taste
Add 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter –
After the brownies are in the pan, Add little dollops of the nut butter all over the batter and swirl with a knife.
Add cinnamon to the dry ingredients to make Mexican Brownies… this also helps your body process the sugar in the chocolate chips.