15 minutes + Soaking Time, at least 2 hours
N/A – Chill Time – 4 hours
1 9″ pie
Soak the cashews in water at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded, unsweetened Coconut
- 1 cup pitted Dates
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 small Avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw, soaked Cashews, drained (see Prep Notes)
- 1⁄2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lime Zest (optional)
For the crust –
- Add the walnuts, coconut, pitted dates, and sea salt to the food processor and process until the ingredients are mixed and broken down well, and they stick together when you collect a small handful and squeeze.
- Press the crust ingredients evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan or casserole.
For the filling –
- Blend the filling ingredients together in the food processor until silky smooth.
- Spread the filling over the crust and use a spatula to make the top smooth.
- Chill the pie in the freezer for an hour, then transfer it to the fridge and let it set for another 3 hours, or overnight. Cut into slices and serve.
Cover and store the pie in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to a month.
If you freeze the pie, defrost the slices in the fridge for several hours before serving.