If using dried coconut, cover it in hot water and let sit for 5 minutes. Strain and discard liquid.
- 1 medium beet
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup dried (soaked and strained – see prep notes) or fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Grate beets and carrots and stir together in a large bowl.
- Stir in coconut and sesame seeds.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
This is nice served over mixed greens.