10 Minutes (plus time for soaking dates if necessary)
n/a but refrigerate for an hour or so to firm up, if desired
About 20 bombs
• ½ cup (heaping) Hazelnuts + 20 Hazelnuts on the side
• 20 fresh Medjool Dates (pitted) – soak in hot water if they look dry
• ¾ cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes or shredded,
• 4 tbs of Cacao or Cocoa powder
• 1 tsp Chia seeds
• About 2 tablespoons Nut Butter
• Additional chopped hazelnuts for rolling or topping (optional)
- Put the (1/2 cup) hazelnuts into the food processor and process into a fine meal. (Do it on pulse so you don’t end up with hazelnut butter!)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix just until it forms a dough that you can shape into balls. Be careful not to over-process or the nuts will start to release their oils and it will get a bit greasy.
- Carefully open the ball and make a well in both halves with a chopstick.
- Insert a dab of nut butter in one well, and a whole hazelnut in the other well.
- Carefully close the ball and blend the seams together, you may want to re-roll them to get the right shape.
- Dip or roll them in the chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up.
You can refrigerate for about 2 weeks or freeze for up to a month! If frozen, remove from freezer 15-30 minutes before serving. (Or eat straight from the freezer – your choice!!!)