N/A – Refrigerate 8 hours
- 6 Medjool dates (pitted) or 1/2 cup any dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup hot water (for soaking dates)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Soak dates in 1/2 cup hot water for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, combine soaked dates, soaking liquid, bananas, coconut milk, vanilla unsweetened cocoa powder and salt; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chia seeds and almond milk; whisk to blend. .
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, whisking once or twice.
To spice it up – add a little cinnamon or a little cinnamon and a sprinkle of cayenne!