- Coconut oil for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk , unsweetened, full fat (mix it well before using)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch nonstick round cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand whisk, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in the coconut flour. Keep whisking until the batter becomes smooth and free of lumps.
- If the batter seems very thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir in the salt and baking powder.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan. Smooth the top out.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. The cake will not brown on the top, so don’t wait for that!!
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then invert it, bottom side down, onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool 15 more minutes before slicing into 8 slices.
You can keep the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container, for 4-5 days. You can also freeze this and have it for another day!