5 minutes (plus time for overnight soaking)
• 1 cup, tightly packed Medjool dates, (about 8 oz) pitted and soaked* in 2 cups of water.
- Remove the dates from water and place in the food processor. Set the water aside.
- Add ¼ cup of the saved water into the food processor.
- Process at high speed until the dates have broken down into a paste.
- If you need to add more water, add it at a tablespoon at a time. You don’t want the paste to be too thin. It shouldn’t pour, it should peak.
Medjool dates – You can soak them overnight, or, if you’ve forgotten to soak them, you can soak them in boiled water for about an hour.
This will keep, sealed tight, in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks, and about a year in the freezer!
If freezing – save a little room for expansion as there IS water in it. Also, if you’re making a big batch of it to save for later use, save it in 1/4 – 1/2 cup quantities.