This tastes best when made ahead and refrigerated. I usually make it the day before serving.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 2 red peppers
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups Very Veggie Organic Vegetable Juice (or organic tomato juice)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Hot Sauce, to taste (tobasco, siracha, etc)
- Put the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, peppers and garlic into food processor.
- Process on pulse until just chopped.
- Add veggie juice, vinegar, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper
- Add hot sauce of choice to taste
- Mix well and refrigerate
Optional Additions –
4 cups (or 2 cans) of prepared garbanzo beans
4 cups of corn
Chopped avocado (add when serving)
Chopped cilantro or basil (add when serving)
Crumbled Cotija cheese (add when serving)
My favorite combination has been adding the corn, the avocado and the cotija cheese..
Thank you to Maureen Levine for the base of this recipe!