2 – 3 Servings
- 1 bunch Lacinto (also known as Dinosaur Kale or Tuscan Kale, stems removed and leaves chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 small avocados, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste or 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel seasoning
- In a salad bowl, massage the chopped kale with 1 tablespoon olive oil until kale is soft and reduced in size
- Add in tomatoes, green onions and pumpkin seeds – toss slightly.
- Add in remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, the cubed avocado and ¼ cup grated parmesan.
- If desired add salt and pepper or Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel
- Serve and enjoy!
This is delicious as it is, but to make it into a main dish, you can add white beans and quinoa, or, a protein that you like, such as grilled salmon, baked tofu or stir-fried tempeh.