15 minutes + pressure build up time
This can be easily be made vegan **
You can make this without an Instant Pot *
- 1 Tbsp butter **
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz butternut squash, cubed
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Umami, Rosemary and Italian seasonings to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 oz riced cauliflower (equivalent of 1 medium cauliflower)***
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup cream **
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese **
- Add butter to the Instant Pot and set it to “Sauté.” Let it heat for 2-3 minutes and make sure to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add onion, mushrooms, butternut squash and garlic and cook stirring for 5-10 minutes, until the mushrooms and onions are tender
- Add seasonings
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add cauliflower rice and broth and give it a stir.
- Seal the lid, make sure the pressure valve is set to close, and set the Instant Pot to “Manual” for 2 minutes.
- When it beeps, release the pressure valve. When the pressure has released, open the lid.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese and stir together.
- Close lid until ready to serve.
* The riced cauliflower should be fresh, not frozen. You can find fresh riced cauliflower in the cold section of the produce department OR you can make your own. Put 1 head of cauliflower (florets separated or chopped) into food processor and pulse until cauliflower is “riced”. – Frozen riced cauliflower will be too mushy.
**This can be made vegan by substituting the butter with coconut oil, the cream with coconut cream and the cheese with nutritional yeast “cheese”. (see recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese.) If making vegan, you may want to swap out the seasonings for curry spices instead. They go well with the coconut cream.
***If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can do this on top of the stove, simmer for about 1/2 hour until the liquid is absorbed.