- 2 lbs Cod or other firm, white fish
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tblsps olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28 oz chopped tomatoes
- White wine
- Lots of basil (fresh or other 6 cubes frozen)
- Lots of oregano (3 Tblsps +)
- 15 chopped olives
- Capers (half of a small jar).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- When onion is barely translucent, add all other ingredients except for the fish.
- When sauce has cooked down a bit, but still has a little juiciness to it, put about half of it on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place the fish on top of the first layer of sauce.
- Spoon the rest of the sauce around the fish.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 18 minutes, but check it at 15 minutes.