n/a (Unless you’re using dried beans)
- 4 c garbanzo beans (canned or cooked from dry)
- 1/2 c tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups power greens (packed)*
- 1 cup parsley (packed)
- 8 green onions
- ¼ cup olive oil (more or less to yourpreference)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- Drain garbanzos (set aside liquid.)
- Combine garbanzos with remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender container. Blend to a rough purée texture adding a little of the reserved liquid or olive oil if necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
* You can use any greens you like – I like power greens, but you can use spinach, kale, etc..
This recipe is very forgiving and you can adjust it to your preference. If you want less oil, use some liquid from the beans. If you want it creamier, use more oil. If you like it mild, use less spice, if you want it spicier.. well, you get it.