About 3 cups
- 2 cups basil (you can keep the stems on)
- 2 cups POWER greens
- 4 cloves (or more) garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (if whole – heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (vegetarian) or 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (vegan)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Put all the ingredients, except salt, into food processor or blender.
- Blend it up until it has formed a paste like texture.
- Stir in salt, a little at a time, until it’s the saltiness you desire.
If you’re using nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan, you may find that you need a little more salt.
Play with this – you could make it with other herbs as well. Try it with cilantro, arugula, etc.
Walnuts are great for you, but you could also use pine nuts in this.
This is a versatile sauce. You can use it on pasta, rice, orzo, veggies, fish…. pizza, you name it… It’s very good on broccoli with whole wheat orzo or lentil pasta. It makes such an easy dinner –
Steam the broccoli – Boil the pasta – Toss it with the sauce that’s already made and voila. Dinner in 10-ish minutes.