About 2 cups
- 3 red peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded or 1 12-ounce jar of roasted peppers)
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil (you can use the ones that are NOT packed in oil as well.)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 bunch Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes (Or add 2 heaping tablespoons of olive oil if using the non-oil version of sun dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt, depending on your taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder, depending on your taste
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 peeled lemon (you could use just the juice, but I like to use the fruit of the lemon too.)
- Place all of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse together until it’s the right consistency.
- Some people will like it more chunky and some will like it smoother.
- Serve with just about ANYTHING.
You can keep this in the fridge for about a week, or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Great with fish, or as a topping for veggies. Nice on pasta, potatoes or just a dip for bread.
This is just as good cold as it is warm!