- 2 cups raw Sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Flax seeds
- 1 cup Hazelnuts or Almonds
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 8 tablespoons Psyllium seed husks (use 6 tablespoons if using psyllium husk powder)
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons melted Coconut oil, plus extra for greasing pans•
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- Use coconut oil to grease the inside of two bread pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the maple syrup, oil and water.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry, and mix together with a spatula. At first the mixture will seem watery; keep stirring until the dough thickens and fully absorbs the water.
- Pour the dough into the bread pans. Smooth the top of the dough with the back of a spoon.
- Let the dough nap in its crib for 2 hours minimum, though you can also let it rest overnight!
- When ready to bake, use a knife to separate the dough from the sides of the pan. If the loaves pull away and retains their shape, you are ready to bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the loaves on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and flip them upside down out of the pans and directly onto the oven rack.
- Bake for about 45 minutes more, but begin checking at the 30 minute mark as ovens vary between kitchens. The bread is done when it sounds hollow if tapped.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing; don’t let the warm, freshly-baked aroma seduce you into early cutting, or it will crumble!
If you’re not going to eat it right away, store the bread in an airtight container for up to five days, or slice the bread and freeze it for toasting another day.
This is more of a “quick” bread texture than a yeast bread, so you won’t be making sandwiches with it, but it is delicious when toasted, or even just slightly warmed in the oven.
Do be aware that this is very high and concentrated nutrition, so less is more. The deliciousness will be forgotten if your jeans are too tight, so enjoy it, but eat small amounts.