30 Minutes (+ 2 or more hours for soaking cashews)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 cup canned full fat organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely grind oats and sunflower seeds in your food processor. (You don’t want to create fine flour, just roughly processed to create a crumb texture.
- Mix this with the maple syrup and transfer to a (parchment paper) lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Clean the food processor and blend all ingredients for the “filling” until smooth.
- Using a glass or jar, layer the parfait, starting with the “crust” at the bottom,then with strawberries, followed by the filling, and repeat two more times. Top with more strawberries and “crust” crumbles.
You can make this ahead for you to snack on all week!
Store the “crust” and the filling (separated) in airtight glass containers.
Keep the filling in the fridge and the crust on the counter.