- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bag chopped Tuscan Kale
- 2 ½ cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese feta (optional)
To make the vinaigrette (Makes about 1 cup)
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
To Make Lentil Salad
- In a medium pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chopped kale and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils and stir until heated through, about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and place into a large bowl.
- Add quartered tomatoes then gently fold in 1/4 cup of vinaigrette.
- Taste and add more vinaigrette if needed.
- Serve on top of baby spinach and sprinkle with optional goat cheese feta.
Can be served warm or you can prepare this in advance and serve it cold. Store leftover vinaigrette in fridge for about a week.