Soak raisins in warm water for at least 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or (1/4 tsp ground cinnamon,1/8 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 tsp chai spices or (1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, dried coconut
- 1/4 cup soaked raisins, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together the flour, spices, baking powder, salt and oats in a large bowl.
- Stir in the nuts, coconut, raisins and shredded carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, egg, coconut oil and vanilla. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoon onto lined baking sheet, leaving about 1″ – 2″ between each cookie. (You can mold it more into a ball if you wish – or leave it free-form.)
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack, or on pan for about 20 minutes.