- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 ½ cup broth
- ¾ cup clam juice
- 2 medium stalks celery, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 14 ½ oz diced tomatoes
- ½ pound okra, cut into 1” slices (can use frozen)
- 1 ½ cups (15 oz) kidney beans, drained (can use white beans)
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp sofrito
- ¾ lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, pepper and celery, cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes.
- Add flour, stir constantly until flour is absorbed.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid.) and stir, scraping up any browned bits in pot.
- Stir in beans, okra, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add broth and clam juice. bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add shrimp, reduce heat to low and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 10 minutes.